Saturday, July 4, 2009

So-called "Food Independence"

Wow. I almost can't believe that someone would write this. I don't know which is more shocking: the fact that they claim one of our greatest liberties is having a cupcake or that Colonel Sanders is a national hero. Really? This article just makes me sick as I realize who twisted these agencies are. I'm not saying that I think everyone should join the raw vegan movement and say "Death to corporations!" That is an extreme view that some take but one that isn't practical for the rest of us. I think hot dogs and hamburgers are great.However, I'd prefer to know that the animals in question are not harboring some unknown disease because of the tragic conditions they lived-and were ultimately killed- in. And I really hope that no one actually believes that HFCS is the same as sugar. If it is, then why is it that I can make soup, breadcrumbs and salsa at home without using either? If this bothers you as much as it bothers me, do something about it! Start eating more locally, organically, naturally or some combination of the above. Moreover, be conscience of the food you are eating and giving to your family. This 4th of July, declare your true food independence.

No comments:

Post a Comment